I learned a lot this week:
- How to use the Readability API
- What’s possible with a similar Readability Node Module
- How to plumb a particular part of a web page using that program’s DOM feature
- How I might play with MongoDB with Node.js (also here)
- What the heck Assert is and does
- How to use Twilio with Node.js (I’ve only used Ruby)
I also used some that new knowledge to write a little program that pulls the title, lead image and date from pages like the one you’re reading right now.
But I didn’t make anything, really. Except a base to build upon.
So while I don’t have a cool thing to post just now, I’m glad for what I’ve learned.
Including the fact that this year has 53 weeks.