The festival had so many great speakers, and it's literally impossible to see them all live.
Here are some of my favorites I did see at the time, and highly recommend:
- Janelle Shane on the Humor of Machine Learning.
- Amanda Cox on how data visualizations are in the eye of the beholder.
- David Ha on how machines learn abstraction.
- Jane Friedhoff on games as power fantasies and their capacities for change.
- Shannon Mattern on the data, history and spirit behind how hardware stores are organized.
- Manoush Zomorodi on building participatory stories for radio (and podcasting).
- Matt Mitchel on Thoughts from the Frontline of Civil Rights & Circumvention Tech.
- Meredith Whittaker on the social implications of artificial intelligence.
Check them out!