Do you want to ...
Inform the citizens of New York?
Help people understand their world?
Root out corruption?
Make a mark on society?
Craft beautiful online projects and visualizations?
WNYC is growing our Data News Team to make high-impact visualizations and projects, and to help WNYC reporters and producers present the facts, expose corruption and explain our world. We've been pioneers in the field of crowdsourcing, data journalism and mapping -- even winning some prestigious awards for our work.
Now we're kicking it up a notch. Like to join us?
What we have:
- An award-wining staff of reporters and producers
- A committed, innovative digital staff
- A mission to conduct journalism in the public interest
- Millions of engaged, passionate and active listeners and readers
What you have:
- A passion for news
- An attention to detail, a respect for fairness and a hatred of inaccuracy
- A user-centered approach to exploring information
- An appreciation for clean lines, clear stories and use of white space
- A genuine and friendly disposition, and an honest spirit of collaboration
- A bias toward sharing what you know, and helping others build on it
What you'll do:
- Huddle with reporters to figure out how we might help their stories with data, design and web technology
- Work as a team to turn ideas into realities in days or weeks, tops
- Learn from and build on successes and mistakes along the way
- Have your work consumed online and talked about on air to millions of New Yorkers
Head over to our official aplication for Interaction Designer and tell us all about you.